STEPS TO TAKE AFTER A FLOOD
- Act immediately to avoid secondary damage. Mold can begin growing almost immediately when surfaces remain wet, leading to potentially hazardous health conditions
- Storm-damaged properties are often dangerous and structurally unsound. Talk to emergency services before re-entering your property and always wear protective equipment
- Call your insurance provider to make a claim and take note of your claim number. Not insured? The American Red Cross or Salvation Army can help
- Notify impacted parties in and around the property. Let them know you are handling the situation and will keep them updated with next steps.
- Choose a certified contractor, like J.R. Johnson, for dryout, content recovery and restoration
- Begin restoration. For water damage, safety standards are constantly changing. To ensure your restoration meets the latest requirements, choose J.R. Johnson